Wednesday, August 16, 2006

We're home!! We made it back safe and sound, thanks I'm sure to all of your prayers! Nothing really bad happened to our new car except a small crack from a rock on our windshield. We're so thankful for God's protection, we drove over 3,700 mi. and only the crack! So I'm going to break up the trip into chapters, because I have so many pic's to share, and so it's not one looong story. I'll try to get one done a day! Thank you again for all your love and prayers!

Chapter One:
The Long Drive
or
We must be CRAZY!
Due to many unforeseen circumstances we left San Diego about two hours later than we wanted to on Wed. night. You see the plan was to leave S.D. by 6:30-7ish, get to St. George, Utah and camp there for the night. Well, due to our late start we got to St. George at about 5am! (We were switching drivers and even slept at a rest stop for a while once.) We still checked out the campground thinking we could sleep for 4hrs. then get on the road...we decided not to pay $12 to sleep 4hrs., plus there were no trees and once the sun came up it would be too hot to sleep. So we drove on!
About two years back Danny had an opportunity to move to the St. George area, Cedar City to be exact. All I can say is our drive through there made us thankful we didn't! Pictures can be
very deceiving, there's nothing like seeing a place first hand! Now I'm not saying it horrible, just very different from what we invinsioned.
So here are a few pic's from our first 231/2 hrs. of driving. Utah is known as the Beehive State. We never saw a beehive, nor a bee?! Come to find out it's the land flowing with milk and honey--Duhh. I guess we missed that one on the way through!
Finally we made it to Idaho. The southern part was mostly farm land. We drove by the Snake River which was beautiful. Once we drove out of Boise, up towards McCall--it's some of the prettiest land we've ever seen!!!

2 comments:

Kenny and Jen said...

Danny looks so deep in thought in that picture. I guess pictures can be deceiving :)

Just kidding Danny! Love you

Jim and Jolene said...

Can't wait to read the next chapters! Glad you're home.